Saturday, August 15, 2009

Model Railroad - Transferring the Trackplan to the Benchwork

A day later (August 4), the paint was dry enough, so I moved the full scale trackplan plan to the benchwork. Getting everything to line up correctly is a bit of a challenge because the walls are not exactly perpendicular and I need to make sure the track passes through the east wall at the drywall and not at the concrete basement wall.






To transfer the track centerlines to the foam I pin the plan down with push pins every 8-10" so it doesn't shift around, and then I go along with a sharpie marker and push right through the paper into the foam along the track centerline every couple of inches. Where there is a turnout I put a series of three marks at each of the three legs of the turnout to give me a better chance of getting it lined up correctly.















No comments:

Post a Comment